Supplier – FAQs
Rather than just focus on the end customer, we founded CX Connect on the principle of supporting both our customers – suppliers and the end customer to form genuine partnerships. By understanding and catering to both, we can ensure the business connections we make are developed for long-term success where both partners benefit.
As our model is built on trust, and to ensure complete transparency, we’ve listed below the FAQs we receive from Suppliers that should provide the majority of answers to your questions. Of course, if we haven’t covered anything, our Australian based support team is happy to assist at any time.
The foundation of strong business partnerships is built on trust and that’s why we offer complete transparency on how our model works both before you join us, and as a partner. We’ve included a list of Frequently Asked Questions below but if there is anything we haven’t covered please contact us.
How does it work?
We’ve made it easy to join and start receiving qualified leads:
1. Apply to Join our CX Connect Supplier panel.
2. We’ll send you a Supplier Agreement with our standard Terms and Conditions, along with our commission model.
3. Once we receive a signed Supplier Agreement from you, we will send you an exclusive log in to our Supplier Portal.
4. Complete all your profile sections to start receive leads from us.
5. When we find a good match with a lead and your requirements, we’ll send the lead to you in the portal as well as an email to your nominated contact.
6. Directly liaise with the customer to refine your proposal and negotiate rates, solutions, terms etc.
7. If your proposal is successful, you just pay as a small commission from each customer invoice.
Is there any cost to join the CX Connect program?
No, the service is free to join.
Do we have to pay commissions?
If you are successful in securing new business from a lead we’ve sent you, we have a small commission fee that is payable to us with generous payment terms to minimise the impact to your cashflow.
How long is your standard agreement?
Our standard Supplier Agreement is 3 years.
You mentioned commissions, how does it work?
If you are successful in converting a lead we have sent to you, we charge a small commission based on each invoice you send the customer, normally for a period of up to three years.
You simply send us a copy each time you invoice the customer and we will invoice you for our applicable commission.
So how much is your commission?
It varies depending on the type of products and services you are providing. We typically have multiple tiers with a declining percentage over the three years. So each time you invoice the client, we calculated the commission based on the applicable tier and year of the agreement.
When we send you our Supplier Agreement the commission rates, tiers and durations are set out in a clear table and they will be permanently available for you to view in your Supplier Dashboard.
I read something about generous payment terms?
We know that cash flow can be an issue for most businesses. When you send us a copy of the invoice you sent your customer, we will add 15 days on top of the payment terms you have with your customer. This enables you to get paid by your customer before you need to pay us our small commission.
What’s different about CX Connect from other lead generation models?
Our team has decades’ worth of experience in managing outsource partners and directly managing call centre outsourcing businesses. This provides us with a unique perspective so we could design a service that benefits both you as a supplier, and the customer.
- The leads you receive from us are fully qualified and will include a lead brief along with all the detailed customer requirements.
- Our Supplier portal enables you to control the type of leads we send you. For example, you can specify things like no commission only leads, minimum seat sizes, only inbound etc.
- Your Supplier dashboard provides complete transparency in all transactions with CX Connect so you can review the number of leads you receive from us, the conversion rates, commissions paid and more.
- You can update your Supplier Profiles at minimum lead requirements at any time so we can flex with your business (all changes are sent to our admin team for approval).
- Our Supplier Profile section is comprehensive – and we make no apologies for being thorough. Our customers are trusting our recommendations (which helps with your conversions) so it’s paramount we know enough about your business so we can recommend you with confidence.
- We are fully compliant with all modern privacy guidelines and our Supplier Agreement contains stringent Confidentiality clauses to protect your information.
How long does it take before I start getting leads?
On our side, we can have everything set up in a matter of hours! You will however need to allow time for the following:
- Relevant approvals and signing of our contract
- Completion of the Supplier Assessment profiles (which can take a couple of hours to input)
What kind of information do you need to know about our business?
To ensure we can confidently recommend your business and deliver qualified leads that are aligned with your objectives, it’s critical we fully understand your business, your experience and the type of leads you are interested in receiving.
To do this, we have a comprehensive online supplier portal to make it easy for you to provide your information and keep it updated as required. The Supplier Profiles are uniquely built and configured depending on the products and services you offer.
How many companies get the same lead?
Because we take the time to fully analyse and understand the customer’s requirements, we are able to ensure that we only introduce leads to you that is an exact fit. By default, this significantly reduces the number of potential ‘matches’ however in the event multiple suppliers are still suitable, we will typically refer the lead to around three suppliers to ensure we don’t waste both your time and the customers.
If we are referring the lead to you via our RFP/RFI shortlisting service then we are bound by the confidentiality of the customer as to whether to disclose the number of other parties involved in the process.
How many leads can we expect?
It’s difficult to put a number on it as it will depend on what our customers require and how they align with your capabilities.
We do, however, offer full transparency via your dashboard so you’ll be able to track how many leads you’ve received from us, and how many of those you are converting.
Remember, there are no costs to join and we won’t waste your time (or our customer’s time) sending unqualified leads to you that don’t meet your minimum requirements.
Our guiding principle is quality over quantity.
How will I know when I get a lead?
We’ll send an email to your nominated contact(s) and the full details will also be available in your portal.
What’s are the sections involved in the Supplier Assessment Profiles?
The Supplier Assessment profiles are aligned to the products and services you supply. So the questions we ask a call centre outsourcer will be different to a technology provider. As an example though, we have listed some of the actions below:
- Key contacts
- Your locations
- Legals (professional insurances)
- Current and past references
- Current campaigns/clients
- Awards and achievements
- Technology platforms
- Customer Support options and availability
- Volumes (what size campaigns you are interested in receiving leads for)
How do RFI or RFPs work?
For some of the larger corporate customers we provide a personalised shortlisting service that provides the customer with a list of suitable outsourcers that are aligned to their requirements.
We treat this just like any other lead we would send you – it will be sent through our portal to you and if you are successful in winning our usual commission model will apply.
What type of support is available?
We are here to provide you with any assistance you need to thrive as one of the contact centre outsourcers on our CX Connect panel. Just contact us at any time.
Value add service
Through our consulting business, CX Consult, we also offer additional support to customers if the require assistance with RFI, RFQ, RFPs (writing, selection, managing the process etc) as well as contract negotiations, KPI development etc.
Our objective is to make the partnership work for everyone involved – it’s this level of commitment and support that helps you to build thriving long-term relationships in which all parties benefit from.
Still can’t find the answer to your question above? our Australian based support team.